Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm having a hard time.....

I'm the type of person that does what she can to help her friends whenever possible, but this time, I'm not sure what I can do.

You see, I have a friend that is addicted to prescription drugs and she has to go to a treatment center tomorrow and will be gone for 2 weeks.  This saddens my heart very much.  She has 2 kids, 3 years and 19 months, and a husband that works ALOT.  I know that he needs help with the kids, but we live too far apart for me to just jump in the car and give him a break.  This also reminds me how important family is.  Her husband and her parents don't get along and they aren't offering to help out with the kids while she is gone and that breaks my heart even more.  How can people do that?  I mean not help out with their grandchildren when something like this happens?  They need to put their differences aside and help each other through this.  The treatment center she is going to is 10 hours away so her kids won't be able to see her until she gets back, which is really sad since they are used to seeing her every day, she's a stay at home mom.

Well, if you all know of some way I can help this temporary single dad friend of mine, please let me know.

Thanks,
  Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment