Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hit and run driver....

Well, last night I experienced something that I never had before, I was hit by a guy in his car and he took off.  Here's what happened....I was in the left hand turn lane, my light turned green, and he ran his red light.  Lucky for me, my Best Friend Laurie was with me and she yelled he's not stopping.  I slammed on my breaks and stopped just as he hit the front right side of my car.  He motioned to me that he was going to pull off to the side of the road so I backed up alittle, and he took off.  Can you believe it?  He just left.
I pulled into the parking lot of a nearby strip mall to assess the damages and much to my surprise, I have a cracked lens on my headlight (the light still works), and bumper transfer, that's it.  How lucky am I?  I'll tell you how lucky, God has my back!  He knew what was going to happen before it happened and made sure certain things were in place so that neither Laurie or I would get hurt.  I am grateful she was there and am blessed that we are both ok.

You know, after something like that happens, you really become ultra aware of things around you and you become extra careful.  My eyes were busy watching every car around me on the way to work this morning and I made sure there was extra space between the car in front of me and my front bumper.  I'm not mad at the guy that hit me last night, I figured he probably didn't have insurance or a suspended license or something.  I forgave him as soon as I saw him take off.  Laurie and I are ok, my car is still drivable, and the problem isn't mine anymore.

I sure have come a long way regarding my attitude and reactions to things like that.  If this would have happened 10 years ago, I would have sped off after him to make sure he realized I was not ok with what he did.  But, these days, you never know what will make someone snap and come after you.  My life is important and I don't take any added risks of getting hurt.  I Let Go and Let God take care of it.  My friends, be careful out there and may God have your back!

Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment