Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas tradition that I started last year...

My girls are adventurous.  They love to search for things whether it be in the craft room, the garage, or at a yard sale, they love the challenge.

Last year, I thought I would create some fun things for the girls to do Christmas morning.  I got a bunch of index cards, some envelopes, and sat down with a cup of coffee to create a scavenger hunt for them.  It started under the Christmas tree (Card #1).  When they opened the envelope, they found a clue on where to find Card #2, and so on until they found the final clue (Card #32).  I had them going ALL over the property, bathroom, carport, garage, and bedrooms.  They found their gift cards right under the Christmas tree skirt where Card #1 was.  It sure was fun to see them try to figure out the clues, I didn't make them all easy.  They had to put their 3 beautiful heads together to figure it out.  When they started the hunt, I told them that even if they find a card that is out of order, they need to go in order because they don't know what card will have their gift cards in.  It was a blast.

This year, I told the girls that I am including our neighbors houses for the hunt (I asked them in advance).  One of them even told me that he wanted them to ask them a weird question and he could give them a weird answer on where the next clue would be.  This is going to be soooo much fun.  My oldest daughter is even recruiting her boyfriend in hopes that they can find them all quicker.  I think I'm going to make the hunt longer this year, maybe 50 cards, I'm just not sure how creative I can get. Oh, I have a great idea......In the middle of the hunt, I'm going to have them bake the cinnamon rolls and after we eat them, I will give them the next clue.  Oh, how mean!!!  I love it!!!

Well, I gotta go for now.  I have to start printing out the clues.  I pray that you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment