Wednesday, December 11, 2013

She freaked when she heard that I'm a prepper.....

I was at church last Sunday and a lady overheard me telling my friend that I am a prepper. The lady came over to me and asked me why I was a prepper because preppers are weird.

Well, that got my mind to thinking, am I weird?  Am I normal?  Why would she ask me that question?  So, I answered her question with a question....Well, let me ask you this, are you a mom?  She told me yes she was and has 3 beautiful children.  I then promptly told her that she was a prepper as well then.  Yep, then came that confused look.

For the next few minutes I explained to her why she was considered a prepper....You have kids, you carry around a diaper bag with items in it that you thought you would need in the near future.  You are prepared to change a diaper, to change their clothes if they needed, you had extra bottles and formula, oh and don't forget the baby wipes.  Then I explained that when she drives her car, she was a prepper.  She had a spare tire in case she needed it, she had snacks for the kids if they got hungry, she had DVD's to play for them if they were stuck in traffic, and blankets should someone get cold or tired.  When we go grocery shopping, we buy preps for the meals that we plan on making in the weeks to come, and if something is on sale, you guessed it, we buy extra and put it on our storage shelves.

So I ask you, are you a prepper?  How extreme of a prepper are you?  I know that before my husbands unemployment ran out, we were stocking up on food and personal necessities.  I am grateful that we did because we have had to use those things for the last year and a half since he is still unemployed.  We've been able to feed our family without sacrificing foods that we love.  Since then, I have learned how to can, dehydrate, and vacuum seal foods for the freezer.  You never know when you'll need the items you bought on sale for future use.

So, I ask you to do this, think about what would happen should you or your spouse loose your job.  Can you survive off of one paycheck and not sacrifice anything?  I know I can, and have.  Please do what you can to provide for you and your family before something like loosing a job comes about.

There are all kinds of websites out there to teach you how to prep and what kind of things to prep.  I'm glad I checked prepping and started doing it before I needed it.

May you be blessed my friends.....
    Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment